When it comes to eyeshadow you don't have to abide by any rules. Although certain hues are recommended for certain skin complexions and eye colors, there is still room to play around with varying shades that go against the normal protocol.
If you're a beginner makeup wearer it can be a little intimidating choosing the right eyeshadow palette for your complexion, eye color and style because there are so many options to choose from. When it comes to eyeshadow, they can take on many forms such as: powders, mattes, creams, shimmers and loose pigments, in this case using highly pigmented eyeshadows is recommended, you can choose pressed or loose pigments for long lasting wear and vivid color intensity.
Get Your Glam On
Bold and vibrant, these eyeshadows have a lightweight and long-lasting texture. Choose from a number of shades and feel confident knowing that each piece of makeup has a safe and natural formula.
Choosing the Right Tools
When applying your eyeshadow you'll want to select the right brushes so that your application is even and well blended. There are different brushes for various types of makeup products. When applying your eyeshadow it's recommended that you stick with the 4 core brushes listed below for the best possible application.
1) Fluffy eyeshadow brush - used for lightly distributing eyeshadow over the entire eyelid and browbone.
2) Flat eyeshadow brush - used for picking up lots of pigment to distribute over the entire eyelid.
3) Rounded dome brush - used for distributing color within the crease and blending it out evenly.
4) Smudger brush - used to apply and blend eyeshadow on both the upper and lower lash line.
For starters, you can invest in a brush set so that you'll be prepared with the right tools when applying your makeup.
Choosing your Colors
When choosing your colors it's recommended that you choose a minimum of 3 shades in the same color family. To make things easy stick with a light, medium and dark eyeshadow to create your look. The application of your eyeshadow depends on your particular style, a soft and smoky application is recommended for a beautifully blended finish, especially if you prefer natural makeup.
Who says you have to only show your natural beauty? These palettes are complementary to women who are looking for a dramatic look that is perfect for any occasion.
1) Prep your entire eyelid with concealer for an even blank canvas.
2) Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply color 1 (the lightest shade) all over your entire eyelid working your brush upwards towards the browbone.
3) With a flat eyeshadow brush, apply color 2 (a medium shimmer hue) onto the eyelid, concentrating the color in the center.
4) Using a dome eyeshadow brush, apply color 3 (the darkest shade) to the outer corner of your eyelid.
5) With a fluffier dome eyeshadow brush, blend color 2 and 3 in a soft brush stroke motion. Gradually blend the darkest shade (color 3) to softly fade up into the middle hue.
Don't be afraid to play with color, add a splash of glitter and try new ideas. Makeup artistry is fun, creative and designed for rule breakers, an artform with no limits.
add color to your face with this highly pigmented concealer pot. Choose from one of three different shades to match your skin tone to the utmost precision. This creamy formula provides full coverage and a matte finish. *Apply on eyelids before eyeshadow.
Finish off your look with other key products by clicking here